Ruby is not good with dependency management, especially different versions come into play.
With that said, I still need to install Redmine 2.4.3 on my CentOS 6.5 virtual machine. I tried Bitnami first, but it failed, which was a little bit unexpected. Since Bitnami used to help me so much in avoiding the installation nightmare of Ruby software. Anyway, I guess the CentOS 6.5 is just too new.
Install steps are listed below:
- yum install mysql-server mysql-devel ImageMagick ImageMagick-devel ruby ruby-devel rubygems, rubygems-devel
Install rvm in shell: curl -sSL https://get.rvm.io bash -s stable
- rvm install 1.9.3 ; rvm use 1.9.3
- gem install rails rmagick mysql2 bundler
- Start MySQL service. According to redmine’s online installation manual, create database, grant user privileges and change the database.yml in redmine config directory.
- Install redmine bundle： bundle install –without development test
- rake generate_secret_token
- RAILS_ENV=production rake db:migrate
- RAILS_ENV=production rake redmine:load_default_data
- Add linux user and group: useradd redmine
mkdir -p tmp tmp/pdf public/plugin_assets
sudo chown -R redmine:redmine files log tmp public/plugin_assets
sudo chmod -R 755 files log tmp public/plugin_assets
- Start it： ruby script/rails server webrick -e production